- The big blue box and bold yellow letters are immediately identifiable around the world.
- Some of the stores have an escalator for your shopping cart. No need to bother with elevators.
- They provide note cards, pencils and tape measures. I never remember to bring them.
- The stores are laid out in a logical fashion that leads shoppers through the merchandise with clear signage in a way that makes me feel like I’m seeing everything.
- They have a playroom and also play stations along the way for the wee shoppers who need entertainment.
- The “stuff” is cool, well designed and cheap.
- Someone is always around to help you load the heavy stuff.
- They don’t take themselves too seriously. Example: this huge, and I mean huge sign advertising 50 cent hot dogs, with tag line that reads, “not actual size.” Makes me smile at the point I was ready to drop from retail fatigue.